Lord,Take Control of Me

Posted in ,

This is my life's song..in this imperfect world, may we always remind ourselves that we are faulty creatures and that we need God's guidance in everything we say and do.

Lord,take control of me, renew my mind and help me see
That the fullness of Your life and love are mine to share.
Make me a channel of Your saving grace and cleansing blood;
Make my life a shelter for brother in despair.

Chorus:
Release me into the current of Spirit's pow'r,
And fill me each moment of the day and ev'ry hour.
Make my life count for You in ev'rything I say and do
Help me ever to pursue the fulness of your love.

Lord,take complete control of my body, mind, and soul;
Give me grace to trust You and surrender to Your will.
Let me know Your promised rest when I face trial and test,
So that You may manifest Yourself to all the world

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 11:20 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Yes this is a beautiful song. I would love to get a copy of the sheet music and the words.

August 27, 2008 at 12:12 PM

psyHello! I wanted to let you know a little of the history of this song in my husband's and my life. When we were engaged in the summer of 1975 we were on staff with the ministry group, Campus Crusade for Christ. We were both in the music ministry and performed a musical by Paul Johnson that contained this song. As we were planning our wedding we chose to use "Lord, Take Control of Me" as the prayer song for the service. We changed the pronoun "me" to "us". Now, it is time for our son to get married. For the rehearsal dinner my husband and I are going to perform this number as part of their heritage being passed along and a song of blessing to them. I was very surprised to see this song in print. That had been 34 years ago! :>)

July 24, 2009 at 7:04 AM

Do either of you know where the printed music or background music for this song can be located.

July 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM
Anonymous  

This is from a musical (early 70s) entitled Sonlife. I believe I may have one copy left somewhere. I'm sure it is out of print. Ken -
moondogstudios@bellsouth.net

October 1, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Post a Comment